The mobility and responsiveness of today’s modern armed forces has dramatically increased their power demand. Modern electronics, communications and surveillance systems, access to real time tactical information and logistic support require a robust power supply when operating independently for long periods.
Wheeled and tracked vehicles have become the chosen platform for deploying powerful electronic systems. Fischer Panda Generators are suited for such mobile units requiring an efficient power supply.
The power demand for mobile deployments
Smaller, more mobile units are required to undertake diverse roles at short notice anywhere in the world and their mission profiles have been dramatically expanded:
- executing offensive and defensive combat missions
- sustaining prolonged operations
- providing disaster relief
- supporting aid agencies during peacekeeping tasks
Such operations involve many small units spread over a large area. Reliable power sources are critical for command, communications, intelligence and tactical systems to ensure that they can operate effectively and accomplish their missions.
Specialist teams deploying power hungry equipment can operate away from base areas so force commanders can utilize them to best effect.
Reliable electricity supply is the life blood of modern mobile forces as electronic systems play a central role in supporting battlefield operations from the strategic level, through joint service deployment, -to tactical units operating all areas of the battle space.
Fischer Panda Generators supply power to a wide range of defence applications:
- Power Systems for Integrated Vehicle Operations including tracked vehicles such as armoured-personal carriers (APC) , armoured fighting vehicles (AFV), armoured command post (ACP),
- Power Systems for Light Forces C3 Applications including 4×4 terain vehicles with hard top shelter systems (HUMVEE command post)
- Integrated AC power systems for medium-sized vehicle applications air defence, SatCOm, command and control unit based in tactical shelters or deploying with container applications
- Power for general purpose applications include HGV, truck and trailer mounted applications