Fischer Panda Generators are generally suited for supplying power for general purpose applications operating from towed, shelter-based, container, mobile and semi-static locations that are not connected to the local grid or managed by on-site power utilities. Often the power for general purpose applications is well defined, but the vehicles deploying them have weight and space restrictions. Fischer Panda generators are modular in design which gives the customer a wide range of installation and mounting options.
The generators are available in a wide range of voltage and frequencies for supplying continuous power for applications :
- supplying lighting
- air conditioning
- heating devices
- filtering and ventilation devices
- air compressors and pumps for air circulation and flow and shelter pressurizing systems
- hydraulic pumps
- power tools for mobile workshops
- battery charging.
Fischer Panda Generators can be found worldwide supplying power to mobile petrochemical laboratories, repair and maintenance units, intelligence and data analysis, mobile surgeries, field hospitals, fire fighting vehicles, coastal vessels, health centers, disaster control and emergency relief agencies.
The generators are fitted within a sound insulated capsule, this ensures that operators are not disturbed while working, even less than a metre from the generator and low signatures reduce the possibility of detection.
Extreme weather conditions such as heat and terrain can take a high toll on material. The water-cooled Fischer Panda Generator does not require hot and dusty air to keep cool while operating. This means a long and trouble free life for the equipment.
Fischer Panda offers a range generators that can be installed externally on the vehicle’s chassis or within a protected area inside the vehicle. Generators of the type PVMV-N have an internal water-cooled exhaust silencer. Generators of the type SST are designed specially for mobile shelters with a generator tunnel. Generators of the type PSC Panda Self Contained are often designed to function as a turn key unit.
Fischer Panda Generators supply power to a wide range of defence applications:
- Power Systems for Integrated Vehicle Operations including tracked vehicles such as armoured-personal carriers (APC) , armoured fighting vehicles (AFV), armoured command post (ACP),
- Power Systems for Light Forces C3 Applications including 4×4 terain vehicles with hard-top shelter systems (HUMVEE command post)
- Integrated AC power systems for medium-sized vehicle applications air defence, SatCOm, command and control unit based in tactical shelters or deploying with container applications
- Power for general purpose applications include HGV, truck and trailer mounted applications